Tuesday, March 1, 2011

BANGKOK! Arrived at last...

Dang it! I wish I could show you all the things I experienced from that last flight out of Taipei to getting to meet up with the team to the quaint local restaurant we ate at all in pictures, so for now just bear with me, till I can share some glimpses of what's to come when I am able to lug my camera around.

First off, went from blah to greater anticipation to the last 20 minutes of the flight flying over the city of Bangkok and could seriously feel my heart jump out of my chest it was going crazy!!! I just broke and began to cry over the beautiful land and began to just feel it again. "It's Time!" All the colored buildings, and lush tropical vegetation, and tons of huge water drenches, mixed in with the temples and golden dressed roof tops. I felt like a little kid looking at a huge world, and telling my Father. "Look! Can you feel it? It's happening. I get to be here and be with these people with You!" The guy sitting next to me didn't speak any English and I turned to him with a huge smile and teary eyes asking him: "Home?" He didn't understand me but there was something in me that stirred an honor for this place.

There was definitely a shift getting off the plane and felt like I could take a deep breath (although the humidity and heat here is getting more intense as we speak...I am having huge flashbacks of Australia! Grateful for the fans in our rooms!) Took a cab, and driving through the crazy roads...back roads, tunnel roads and dirt roads... I rambled away with another teammate we picked up at the airport, and stared out the window overwhelmed by this culture's beauty. I kept telling her... I am so excited, I am so excited!!!

Got to the YWAM base (where we will be staying for the next few nights) and met up with almost everyone else and had a good time of worship and prayer as a quick intro. Then a few of us girls walked a few blocks to a small little food shop to get some noodles and get to know each other.

Now retiring early... if you get this, feel free to pray jet lag doesn't get me these next few days. It would be super helpful NOT being delusional at any point of this trip in order to stay pumped!

We'll be running around the city tomorrow it sounds like, so excited to share more to come.
As of now we have internet at this base, but unsure what it'll look like in the next few weeks, so... I will try to keep updated for the time being.

Love you all...and good morning in the states! ;)

Here's a picture Yonnie took of the place we are staying if you'd like to see:


1 comment:

  1. I am so excited and proud of you DeeDee. I pray you stay safe and healthy and that your time there doesn't go by too fast.

    ReplyDelete