Sunday, February 27, 2011

Flying out...

Hello fellow-family!

So many of you know, I have an opportunity after a few years of waiting and seeking right timing, to go to Thailand!

I leave tonight at midnight (arrive in Bangkok 4pm MARCH 1st) meeting up with 14 other amazing world changers with other co-IRIS Ministry leaders from around the world (check out: www.irismin.org to learn more about the heart behind IRIS) for 2 weeks, starting 1 week in Bangkok connecting with Night Light (www.nightlightbangkok.com) and Bangkok YWAM (http://www.ywamthai.org/bangkok/) and few other local ministries, and then moving onto Pattaya to work with my dear friend Jessica Mock, who God connected me with almost 2 and a half years ago and been waiting to work with. The team will be in Pattaya for one week, and then I will be staying an extra 3 weeks with Jess to tag team, support and absorb the culture/ministry time.

The trip is mainly what we are calling "taste and see". Going to minister with other ministries, in mind of looking to start an IRIS base in Thailand. Although things are lining up, tickets are bought, places planned to stay, the heart and mission is to absorb and pour out where need and see what God is doing in the land! As mentioned we will be working with other ministries that reach out to the poor in the streets/slums, and mainly working with prostitution, sex slavery and ministering in bars and brothels.

I am so excited, I cannot contain the anticipation. I feel like I've been sitting on a lifetime of passion that is just waiting to pour out and give away! Thank you Jesus! I mainly wanted to share this with those that have been a part of the journey with me and supported me all along the way, believing the vision God has given me, walking me through healing and brokenness and being family to me through times of need and changes.

This is a very exciting year and I feel a stake in the ground for what's to come, and I am happy to share and tell so that you know you are a part of this. Although this is what the Lord has burrowed deep in my heart, you are a part of the breakthrough and freedom yet to come, and your investment in my life is bringing that.

I have resigned from my full-time job, moved out of my house with my lovely roommates and into a studio, and will be taking off for the whole month of March. I will return in mid-April to continue to invest in what God is doing on the Central Coast, continue on staff with IRIS Central Coast.

This is just the beginning...

Love you guys! For way too many of you, this would not be possible if it wasn't for you being the body and being true to who God has called you to be! Thank you!

MUCH LOVE!!!
DeeDee

1 comment:

  1. This is SO exciting!!! Can't wait to read your updates. Love you and miss you already!

    ReplyDelete